Vietnamese cold rolls
Makes: 8 Preparation: 20 min
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to the boil. Boil rice noodles for 3 to 5 minutes, or until al dente, and drain. Rinse thoroughly with cold water so they don't stick together.
- Fill a large shallow bowl with warm water. Dip one wrapper into the water for 1 second to soften. Lay wrapper on the bench and place 2 prawn halves, a handful of noodles, basil, mint, coriander and lettuce in a row across the centre, leaving about 5cm of the wrapper uncovered on each side.
- Fold in uncovered sides of wrapper, then tightly roll to enclose the filling. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- In a small bowl, mix the fish sauce, water, lime juice, garlic, sugar and garlic-chilli sauce.
- In another small bowl, mix the hoisin sauce and peanuts.
- Serve the rice paper rolls with the fish sauce and hoisin-peanut dipping sauces.