It's like creme caramel and panna cotta got together and had a child. This easy dessert is incredibly moorish and the sour cream gives it an unusual twist.
For the Swedish Cream:
- Pour the heavy cream and sugar into a sauce pot over medium heat. Stir and watch. Once the cream is almost to a boil, remove from heat and quickly whisk in the gelatin, then stir in the extracts and salt.
- Allow the mixture to cool for 5-10 minutes. Then whisk in the sour cream, one cup at a time.
- Once smooth, pour the mixture into 4-ounce ramekins.
- Place the ramekins on a large rimmed baking sheet and refrigerate.
- Remove the stems from the strawberries.
- Place all the berries, gelatins, sugar and salt in a large sauce pot over medium heat. Bring to a boil and allow the mixture to simmer and cook down for 5-10 minutes.
- Use a wooden spoon to crush the berries, for a smoother consistency.
- Allow the berry compote to cool for 10 minutes then spoon a layer of berry compote over each Swedish Cream cup and place back in the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours. Then cover until ready to serve.