This classic Salisbury Steak Recipe is an old-fashioned comfort food recipe you're surely familiar with. A favourite among many Moms and Grandmas out there, this hearty dinner staple is made a little modern in this easy ground beef recipe.
- Combine ground meat, salt, pepper, and parsley. Divide evenly into 4 portions and shape each into 3/4-inch to 1-inch thick oval patties. Place 2 Tbsp flour in a shallow dish; dredge each patty in flour. Reserve 1 tsp flour.
- Heat 1 Tbsp oil in a saute pan over medium-high heat. Add patties and saute 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove from pan.
- Add onions and sugar to pan; saute 5 minutes. Stir in garlic and tomato paste; saute 1 minute, or until paste begins to brown.
- Sprinkle onions with reserved flour; cook 1 minute. Stir in broth and wine.
- Return meat to pan and bring soup to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Serve while hot.