It's the Brazilian version of creme caramel. Decadently sweet.
Pudim de Leite Condensado
- Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
- In a non-stick saucepan, melt the sugar over low heat. After about 10 minutes, the sugar should turn into a golden caramel.
- Immediately pour the caramel into a round mold, or in several small ramekins by tilting the dish or the ramekins so that the caramel uniformly covers all sides. Let cool.
- Separate the eggs. Put the egg yolks in a blender and mix at medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Add sweetened condensed milk, milk, and egg whites. Blend again until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Pour the mixture into the mold or the ramekins and cover with parchment paper.
- Place mold or ramekins in a water bath of boiling water and bake. Constantly check the level of the water bath and add boiling water during baking if necessary.
- Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a skewer inserted an inch from the edges of the pudim comes out clean.
- Let cool completely before unmolding. Then, refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.