This is the perfect recipe to celebrate the first site of rhubarb cultivation in the world! Serves 2.
Hot and sour rhubarb with chicken
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350˚F.
- Put the chicken pieces in a casserole dish.
- Mix all the marinade ingredients (rhubarb through to ginger) in a bowl, then pour over the chicken. Mix together.
- Place in the oven and bake for around 45 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through. Check it a couple of times whilst cooking as you may need to give it a stir to stop it sticking.
- Just before the chicken is cooked, boil some water in a saucepan and cook the noodles.
- Drain the noodles, serve and ladle the chicken and sauce over. Add a generous amount of fresh coriander to the top and half a lime on the side.