Brazilian comfort food; a meal in a bowl. And the leftovers are fantastic.
- Mix the chicken, chicken bouillon, parsley, cilantro and lemon juice. Marinate for 2 hours.
- In a large pot, heat oil and brown the chicken pieces and the marinade for 3 minutes at high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes over high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add the rice, saffron, tomatoes, pepper, and peas. Mix well and cover with 3 cups of boiling water.
- Stir well and cook covered for 15 minutes over low/medium heat, stirring gently so that the rice does not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add a little boiling water during cooking if necessary.