This is a Filipino staple and makes macaroons that are delicious, soft and chewy. This recipe yields four dozen in mini muffin size. Forty-eight pieces might sound a LOT but trust us, but when everyone is fighting over them you’d wish you baked more than one batch. They keep well in an airtight container outside of refrigeration for about 3 days and will keep in the freezer for about a month. Makes 48.
Filipino Coconut Macaroons
- Line mini muffin pans with paper cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter using a hand mixer on low speed.
- Add sugar and beat together until well blended and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add condensed milk and vanilla extract and continue to beat until blended.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and desiccated coconut. Add to the egg mixture and beat until combined.
- Scoop into the prepared muffin pans and bake in a 180 C/350 F oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Remove from baking pan and let cool on a wire rack for about 5 minutes.