Cream Cake with Strawberry Topping
This delicious cream cake is topped with sweet strawberries and passionfruit for pure dessert perfection.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350F. Lightly grease and line base of a 24cm/10in springform pan. Beat cream, 175g/6.5 oz sugar and vanilla in an electric mixer until soft peaks form. Fold in rind and flour. Beat eggwhites until soft peaks form, then fold a little into mixture.
- Carefully fold in remaining eggwhite. Spread into pan and bake for 50 minutes.
- For strawberry topping, combine all ingredients in a bowl and set aside 1 hour.
- Cool cake slightly before turning out onto a wire rack over a tray.
- Combine orange juice and zest, lemon juice and remaining sugar in a pan over low heat for 2-3 minutes, then pour over warm cake. Top cake with strawberry topping to serve.