Vegetarian layer bake
Who said party food can't be heathy too! Here's a delicious alternative that will go like hotcakes.
- Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease a 2-litre (8-cup-capacity) baking dish.
- Place parsnip, carrot, sweet potato, swede, potato, onion, stock powder, cream, milk and garlic in a large saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat. Cook, covered, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes or until vegetables are partially cooked.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon Parmesan and 1 teaspoon thyme over base of prepared dish. Layer 1/3 of the vegetables in dish. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon remaining Parmesan and 1 teaspoon remaining thyme. Repeat layering two
- more times with vegetables, Parmesan and thyme, finishing with a layer of vegetables.
- Sprinkle with tasty cheese, remaining Parmesan and remaining thyme. Bake for 25 minutes or until cheese is golden and vegetables are tender. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve sprinkled with extra thyme.