Unlike most ice creams made ahead of time in an electronic ice cream machine, rolled ice cream (also known as stir-fried ice cream) is made to order by hand. The possibilities are endless and only limited by your imagination.
Thai Rolled Icecream
- Place your equipment; the baking tray, paint scraper and your serving bowl into the freezer AT LEAST 4 HOURS before you want to start making your rolled ice cream.
- When you are ready to start, mix the milk, cream and condensed milk in a bowl.
- Take the baking tray out of the freezer and pour the milk base into it, moving the tray around to make sure it is evenly covered. Sprinkle whatever toppings you want to on top of the milk base and swirl to combine.
- Then place in the freezer for AT LEAST 4 HOURS.
- Once your milk base is frozen solid along with your bowl and scrapers, you can start rolling! Acting super fast, take your baking tray, paint scraper, and serving bowl out of the freezer and quickly scrape the ice cream into rolls by placing the paint scraper at an angle against the edge of the pan, pushing forward carefully. Place your ice cream rolls gently into the frozen serving bowl and top with whatever you wish, more sprinkles, whipped cream, sauce etc: Eat super fast to avoid the rolls melting away :)