Sweet potato and feta rolls
Here's a nifty new variation on that old party staple, sausage rolls. Your vego friends will love them and other guests will be just as impressed.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Arrange the sweet potato and onion, separately, on the prepared trays. Bake for 30-40 minutes or until softened, removing onion earlier if cooked. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, roast the walnuts on a small baking tray in the oven for 5 minutes or until toasted. Set aside to cool. Chop the walnuts.
- Increase oven to 200C/180C fan forced. Place the sweet potato in a large bowl and use a fork to lightly crush. Add the onion, feta, walnut, rosemary and cinnamon. Season. Use your hands to mix until evenly combined.
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Place one quarter of the sweet potato mixture in a log shape along one long edge. Brush the opposite long edge with egg. Roll up to enclose. Cut each roll into 3 pieces and place seam-side down on the prepared trays. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato mixture and pastry.
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with yoghurt.