Spring vegetable risotto
Serves : 4 › Preparation: 10 mins › Cook: 25 mins
- In a small saucepan add the chicken stock and thyme then bring to a simmer.
- In a large saucepan add the butter and olive oil then heat over a gentle moderate heat.
- Add the onion then cook until becoming transparent. Then add the chicken and cook until it starts to change colour to white.
- Add the rice and stir, when it has absorbed the butter and oil then add the wine, if using, or the water.
- When the wine is absorbed add the chicken stock and cover. Leave to simmer gently, stirring occasionally.
- When about half the chicken stock is absorbed add any firm vegetables like celery, carrots, parsnips or cauliflower and cover again.
- When the rice is soft and the chicken stock has been absorbed stir in the gentle vegetables like peas and spinach and cook gently for a few minutes. Stir through the Parmesan.