Spicy chicken legs with cauliflower couscous
Serves : 4 › Preparation: 20 mins › Cook: 20 mins
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
2 tbsp. sriracha
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp. soy sauce
2 tbsp. honey
1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
5 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
4 whole skin-on chicken legs
1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
25 cherries, pitted and finely chopped (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup chopped mint, plus more for garnish
1/4 cup chopped toasted pistachios
1 tbsp. lemon zest
- In a large bowl, whisk together rice vinegar, orange juice, Sriracha, garlic, soy sauce, honey, crushed red pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil until combined. Add chicken legs; marinate for 15 minutes.
- In a food processor fitted with a metal blade, pulse cauliflower florets until they reach the size of couscous.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and add cauliflower couscous. Cook until softened, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate and set aside.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Heat a lightly-oiled grill pan over medium-high heat. Remove chicken from marinade and season with salt and pepper. Grill chicken 4 minutes per side to get a nice char on the outside, then place pan in oven to finish cooking for 10 minutes or until it reaches an internal temperature of 75 degrees C. Let rest 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, stir together cauliflower couscous, cherries, mint, pistachios, lemon zest, and remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and garnish with mint.
- Serve chicken legs with couscous and lemon wedges.