Rustic chicken tray bake
This is such an easy recipe but it's chock full of fabulous flavours. It also cuts down on the washing up.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan .
- Heat a large frying pan and add 2 tablespoons of the oil and place over a high heat.
- Season the chicken thighs, add to the pan and cook for 2-3 minutes on each side just to colour them. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Drizzle the potatoes with the remaining olive oil and toss well. Add to the pan in a single layer. Cook for around 5 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Remove from the heat.
- Brush an oven tray large enough to hold the chicken pieces in one layer, with olive oil. Layer the base with the tomatoes, courgettes, onions and potatoes.
- Place the chicken on top of the vegetables in a single layer and sprinkle over the garlic, herbs, chilli flakes if using and the lemon zest and juice.
- Pour the stock over the chicken and vegetables, cover with foil and bake in the oven for 1½ hours until the potatoes are soft and the chicken is tender, removing the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking.
- Bring the tray to the table and let everyone help themselves.