With just four ingredients this dessert is simplicity itself and served with cream or icecream make an indulgent finish to any meal.
- Preheat oven 180C. Lightly grease a 20cm round tart dish.
- Line it with pastry and trim any overhanging with a small, sharp knife. Use these off cuts to build up any sides that don't quite reach the rim of the dish.
- Prick the pastry bottom all over with a fork. This helps stop the pastry from " bubbling" during cooking.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until lightly golden, remove and cool.
- Meanwhile, gently boil the crushed pineapple and its juice in a saucepan.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Mix together the custard powder and milk until smooth and add to the cooled pineapple.
- Stir over a low heat for 10 to 15 minutes, or until nice and thick.
- Pour into the pastry shell.
- Set in the fridge for at least 2 hours.