Easy French apple tart
This is such an easy take on an old French classic. So yummy served with just a dash of good cream.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 170C/gas .
- Place the pastry sheet on a piece of baking paper on a baking tray . Gently make a border approx 1cm from the edge. Don't score all the way through the pastry.
- Mix the almond meal, butter and sugar to make a frangipane.
- Spread a thin layer over the pastry within the border using a palette knife.
- Peel and core the apples, then slice thinly. Toss in lemon juice to stop them browning.
- Arrange the apples over the frangipane. Brush the border with egg wash.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until golden.
- Heat the apricot jam and rum or water in a small pan until runny. Brush over the apples while still warm. Serve with a dollop of good cream.