White fruits and vegetables contain a range of health-promoting phytochemicals such as allicin (found in garlic) which is known for its antiviral and antibacterial properties. But we shouldn’t forget the white meats so important to our protein quotient.
Chilli Soy Sauce Steamed Fish
Quick, easy, healthy and very ‘cheffy’ looking! Serves 2 – easily doubled.
- Cut the fish fillets into serving portions and season them with salt and black pepper.
- Line a steamer with parchment paper and put the fillets in there.
- Put the bok choy on top of the fish.
- Cover and steam for 12 minutes or until the fish is done.
- Bring the water, chilli powder, coriander, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, red pepper flakes, and sugar to a boil in a small pan.
- Check the seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- Arrange the fish and bok choy on serving plates and pour the chilli sauce over the top.