This dessert will take you to Mexico with the zingy, refreshing, perfect partnership of avocado and lime. Just seven standard pantry ingredients make it super easy, too! Serves 8.
No-bake avocado lime cheesecake
- Break up biscuits and place into a food processor until finely ground.
- Add melted butter and process until moist crumbs form. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of a 10 inch (25 cm) springform pan or mousse ring. Chill in the freezer for 10 minutes to set.
- Combine 150 ml of whipping cream and gelatin in a small saucepan, stir for 2 minutes or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Bring it to the boil over medium heat, stir for a few minutes until gelatin is completely melted. Strain through a fine sieve – set aside.
- In a food processor, combine avocado, cream cheese, sugar, 200ml whipping cream, lime juice and zest and process until everything is smooth and well-combined. Pour in the gelatin/cream mixture and continue processing until well combined to a creamy and smooth texture.
- Pour the avocado lime cheesecake mix into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top. Chill in the freezer for 2 hours to set.
- Release the cake from the pan and garnish with lime slices and zest on top.
- Serve immediately.
- If you’re using a mousse ring, use a blow torch to run around the edge of the ring to loosen the cheesecake.